Brief About HTML ?
HTML is popular and standard markup language used on web to create Web pages. HTML was created by Berners-Lee in late 1991 but "HTML 2.0" was the first standard HTML specification which was published in 1995. HTML 4.01 was a major version of HTML and it was published in late 1999. It is widely used in web pages. Now we have latest version i.e HTML-5. HTML 5 was published in 2012 and it is an extension to HTML 4.01.
The major points of HTML are given below :
- HTML means Hyper Text Markup Language.
- Static web pages are easily designed with only HTML.
- Due to its markup, HTML play important role to describe the structure of Web pages.
- Elements of HTML are popularly known as building blocks of HTML pages.
- HTML elements are generally describes with help of tags.
- HTML tags like "head", "p", "table" etc are used to display content
- Browsers do not display the HTML tags. Because of client side technology, but use them to display content of the page.
Explanation of Code
- The purpose of using <!DOCTYPE html> is to define that this documents belongs to HTML5
- The <html> tag is the main tag of HTML page
- The <head> tag contains information about meta tag / meta description of document
- The <title> tag display title of browser windows
- The <body> tag contains the actual content of web page
- The <h1> is a tag to print large heading
- The <p> tag means paragraph.
What are HTML Tags
HTML tags are basically names of element covered by angle brackets :
<tagname> this portion is for your content </tagname>
- HTML tags normally come in two categories Single and Paired. in pairs like <body> and </body>
- The first tag means it is starting of tag and second tag is means it is ending of tag
- The end tag is written same as start tag but with a forward slash is required before tag name
The motive of web browser like Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari etc is to read HTML web pages and print the content of that page
The browser does not directly print HTML tags, but content of HTML web pages are displayed with browser:
Structure of HTML Page
Below is a pictorial representation of HTML page. Structure of HTML :
Source : OnlineDesignTeacher
The <!DOCTYPE> Declaration
- The <!DOCTYPE> is to declare document type and helps different browsers to display web pages correctly.
- It is the first tag which is used before html tag and written at the top of the page.
- The <!DOCTYPE> is not case sensitive.
All HTML Versions
Below is the list of all HTML versions along with information of released year :
|HTML5||28 October 2014|